Monday, March 7, 2011

iditarod 2011

We went to Willow, Alaska yesterday to see the start of
the World Famous sled dog race, Iditarod. We left late so I sped
the whole way there and about 10 from arriving I got pulled
over by the cops. Luckily he let me off on a warning or
else I probably would have had to sleep in the snow tunnel
Chris and the boys made outside. Ha Ha!
Well we finally made it to the race and got to watch the
last guy take off. Very Cool!




There are 62 racers total and they race just over 1000 miles up to Nome, Ak.
The record is 8 days but mostly it takes about to weeks to complete. I am
very excited to watch the finish on T.V.

After wards we drove to Robin and Chad's house for dinner and on the way
we saw her. Mostly we just pass them by but we decided to stop and take
some pictures.


Uh-Oh she spotted us!!

3 comments:

Britani said...

That's cool, my uncle in Palmer used to raise dogs and race in the Iditarod.

Britani said...

Cordell had been learning about the Iditarod in school and thought it was cool that you lived by where it was and got to see a guy start racing!! He wants to tell his class about it!

Mrs. B said...

I am Cordell's teacher. Our class visited your blog today. Thanks for the fun pictures!



Sorry I had to use my personal account, I can't log in to my school account. :(