Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trip to Fairbanks


Eating the peppermint sticks from Santa's House







We went to Fairbanks this weekend for the state track meet. I didn't want to fly up so I decided to take my family with me and make a vacation out of it. It was really fun. The kids LOVED staying in a hotel and LOVED eating out for every meal! We went to North Pole, Alaska which is 15 miles north of Fairbanks. The whole town is decorated like Christmas and we got to see Santa's house and "The" reindeer!! We really wanted to go to Chena Hot Springs but they wouldn't let the kids in. Chris took the boys to Pioneer Park but I didn't get any pictures cause I wasn't with them!! (I heard about a cave and a big boat...you don't get alot of details about things when your talking to a bunch of boys!) Ha Ha!! It was really nice to feel some warm weather!

No comments: