Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Christmas Gift!




I have always wanted to have fireplace mantel and I have never had one so Chris decided this year that he would make me one. He spent hours and hours out in the cold garage and out of 2x4's that we tore out a wall in our house he made me this gorgeous mantel. Not only did he just make the mantel he put a lot of symbolism in it and wrote me a 2 page letter describing why he made it the way he did. Can I just tell you, that I have NEVER been given a better, thoughtful gift in my entire life. I LOVE it and now I am working on making some things to go on it. I wish you all could see it in person cause it beautiful!! I need to take another picture too cause hanging right above it, is a picture of the Anchorage temple in a beautiful frame my sister, Danny, made and sent me.

1 comment:

Laura George said...

That is so cool! I found a website by a mom in AK it is ana-white.com and she has plans to buils anything you can imagine! I have so many plans for things thanks to her site!