Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kitchen cabinet re-do

I was scared to death to take on this project by myself but after reading an amazing blog a couple months back where a lady, who had 3 little boys, like myself, redid hers, I figured I could do it if she did. It was quite amazing cause her kitchen looked exactly like mine and she totally inspired me. I had MANY people tell me NOT to do it, that is was TOO hard or wouldn't look good, but I ignored those voices and I set off to do it. I am just about done and can I just tell you, I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT and I love the results!! Don't let anyone talk you out of something you want to try!! I love this quote by Karen Lamb...."A year ago you will wish you had started today!" When I read that, I knew I just needed to do it and NOW! So I did and I hope you like it! I will post a full Kitchen shot after everything is done...the backsplash and kitchen counters!




BEFORE



3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! That looks awesome! I've been wanting to take on some home improvement projects myself. You've inspired me...now I HAVE to do it! You go girl!

Laura George said...

They look great. I refinished our cabinets in our house up there. I did take the short cut and prime and paint them, but it was super easy, and I loved the results, and really that is all that matters, but I think you did a great job.

Unknown said...

You are AWESOME!! Good for you. I can't wait to see pictures of the rest of the kitchen. Kuddos to you to set out and do something and finish with an amazing result!